Monday, February 07, 2011

A Different Way

My past haunts me
Every day, I remember who I used to be
And who I struggle not to be

I'm hounded......
In the deepest recesses of my mind
The images are always so bright, and clear
Showing, revealing, describing in vivid colour
My mistakes, my wrongdoings, my trespasses

Sometimes I really do indulge
Even though I know I ought not
I revel in those scenes
When I was not who I am now
I participate willingly
In creating the stories of the past

Oh how I long to forget, forever
who I used to be
How I long to wipe clean the memories
And not remain bound in my mind
How I yearn to live, devoid of those memories

My heart, seeks to be true
but my mind, as always, has its own plans

Show me a different way
to tame this unbelieving mind
Open unto me, new vistas
Let me think on true things
The pure things, the eternal things
The things which remain true, which stand firm

I am free, from myself, from my thoughts, from my hurts
I remain unbound, from all chains, from all pains

Show me a different way, every day, in every way...

1 comment:

Austin said...

Thanks Gbu, i enjoyed every bit of the word and its really soul uplifting.